How We Collect Information
We collect information about you in a variety of ways depending on how you interact with us and our websites and services, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when you sign up to receive newsletters, updates, or other information from us or contact us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise.
- From other sources, including, for example, third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application, or become an employee, we may conduct a background check.
The categories of personal information we collect for the legitimate interests of performing a commercial service are:
- Identifiers – this may include real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Commercial information – this may include information about products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Professional or employment-related information
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites.
- To provide or improve our services and offerings.
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To send marketing and promotional materials.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
Sharing Of Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we may disclose personal information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third-party intermediary.
- Service Providers. We share your information with service providers. Among other things, service providers help us to administer our website, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
Some states require that organizations disclose whether the following categories of personal information are collected, disclosed to third parties for a “business purpose,” or “sold” or transferred for “valuable consideration.”
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Other Important Information
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission Of Information To Other Countries. Your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States.
- Third-Party Applications/Websites. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
- Accessibility. If you are visually impaired, you may access this notice through your browser’s audio reader.
- Children. We do not knowingly collect, share, or sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices, please contact us at our address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and provide you with additional privacy-related information.
22 West Putnam, Greenwich, CT 06380
Last Updated: April 1, 2023